On the way home we stopped at Cathedral Gorge. I didn't think it was anything cool as we always drove by on our way to St. George until we actually stopped. It is awesome! Although I was freaking out the whole time thinking that TJ might drop B or Beast might slip and fall into the abyss. One of these days we are going to hike it when I overcome my irrational fear of mesh metal stairs bolted into sheer cliffs so that you can look down and see your death. Someday.
Sunday, June 27, 2010
Kershaw-Ryan State Park
This last weekend we fought the boredom by heading to Caliente, Nevada. These is a cool state park called Kershaw-Ryan where pioneers had homesteaded this little oasis where they grew grapes, apples and peaches. They are still there and the park service also created some hikes, really nice shelters, camp sites and a wading pool. It is such a nice place and way different from the normal brown desert. We had lots of fun! We hiked to the overlook, hung out in the pond and ended our Caliente adventure with yummy pizza in town.
.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)
On the way home we stopped at Cathedral Gorge. I didn't think it was anything cool as we always drove by on our way to St. George until we actually stopped. It is awesome! Although I was freaking out the whole time thinking that TJ might drop B or Beast might slip and fall into the abyss. One of these days we are going to hike it when I overcome my irrational fear of mesh metal stairs bolted into sheer cliffs so that you can look down and see your death. Someday.
.JPG)
.JPG)
On the way home we stopped at Cathedral Gorge. I didn't think it was anything cool as we always drove by on our way to St. George until we actually stopped. It is awesome! Although I was freaking out the whole time thinking that TJ might drop B or Beast might slip and fall into the abyss. One of these days we are going to hike it when I overcome my irrational fear of mesh metal stairs bolted into sheer cliffs so that you can look down and see your death. Someday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a neat place! Seeing those beautiful rock canyons and mountains makes me miss being out west! I'm not sure I'd be prepared to climb all over that, either.
ReplyDeletelooks like so much fun! so beautiful! love the puerto rico post too. keep taking pictures! and keep traveling so i can live vicariously through you and not have to leave my house. love you guys! -jessica, your FAVORITE cousin...lol
ReplyDelete