Sunday, May 15, 2011

This isn't a food blog, but.....


What is so good I have to hide it under a pan from my kids?

There aren't many things that I will freely admit I am good at, but I have a sixth sense and knack for one thing - I can find and make dang good desserts. Nothing else, really, but I rock desserts.

These Raspberry Ribbons are some of my all time favorite cookies, not to mention easy and fancy looking (I made them for Christmas last year). Did I also mention they are easy? So easy.



I originally found this recipe as bars that you cut into fancy sticks at allrecipes.com, here: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Raspberry-Ribbons/Detail.aspx

Here it is in cookie form:

Raspberry Ribbons

Cream these:
1 C Butter (no substitutes), softened
1/2 C Sugar

Beat in these:
1 Egg
1 tsp vanilla extract

Combine these:
2-1/4 C All purpose flour
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp salt

Gradually add dry ingredients into the butter mix. It could look like crumbles and you'll think, "what the...?!" But just knead it for a minute and it'll clump together.

Grease a cookie sheet or cover it with foil. Roll dough into small-ish balls. Use your thumb to make a thumbprint in each. Bake at 350 for 7 minutes. At seven minutes, remove from oven and put a small spoonful of your favorite jam (the recipe recommends seedless, but I used my home-made strawberry-blueberry jam) into the thumbprint depression. Put back in the over for 3 minutes.

Remove from oven and let cool on the pan for 2 minutes. Remove to cooling rack.

In a small bowl mix this for the glaze:
1 C Powdered Sugar
2 Tbsp Evaporated Milk
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract

Glaze your cookies. Eat then and there- angels will sing! So amazing and decadent!!!!!!

This last picture? Can you see B sneakily sneaking the frosting? Ha ha ha ha!




3 comments:

  1. Looks good!! Come make them for me at my house please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm. I'm going to have to try these. As if I needed more desserts! Thanks for sharing. They look good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have always rocked desserts! I have your brownie recipe and still can't duplicate them. When you made them they were so yummy, when I make them...not so much.

    ReplyDelete