Last night it dumped on us! I really wish I liked snow. We were late for church because we ended up pushing people who got stuck. It was funny. Anyway, the snow is melting like crazy so we decided to let Beastie play and make a snowman.
Here is the hubby and Beastie's snowman, complete with wig.
We don't have a sled, and although I don't consider myself a cheapskate, I am not going to spend the $30 to buy a sled in this g-forsaken town. Beastie, then, got to use a garbage bag - it works just as well! Besides, our little hill isn't very big.
Beast didn't last long. I think she uses playing in the snow as an excuse to beg for hot chocolate. Now we are going to make Christmas treats to deliver to our neighbors.
Your snowman looks better than ours; after a too-warm day, then falling down, being put up, then a way below freezing night, it looks like a lop-sided charlie brown with a scarf. I like the idea for the sled, though. I'm lucky that here, we don't have either problem; we can borrow Jana and Dennis' sleds...and their hill, for that matter. Happy snow day!
ReplyDeleteThat is a nice snowman! That's very ambitoius of you guys to get out in the snow. We on the other hand, prefer the indoors, and use hot chocolate to bribe our kids to stay inside!
ReplyDeleteit makes me miss you to hear you "talk" i gotta say it is nice not to have to deal with the snow but sometimes i miss it when i think of us playing in the snow out at grandma's house when we were little. (i was just telling syd about christmas at grandma's-she always wants me to tell her about when i was little) love you guys! jessica
ReplyDeleteLove the sledding. I told a friend of ours recently that our kids had never been real sledding and she about had a cow. Pretty much acted like we were the worst parents ever to deprive our children of this experience. So I told her I wasn't spending that kind of money for a sled and we don't have any hills remotely close so I'm sure as heck not loading them all by myself to go find a hill (since Jeff is gone so much) and dealing with that on my own. But now that I see the garbage sack trick, I may have to give in and be a decent/real mom!
ReplyDelete